HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike

lettucehead

Amerks6

tcw8848

warlockmb

TonyC formerlyLEX

Hiwire

hardrock4445

sec13crunch

Kalvinators

Sites Of Interest

Share | 

Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk   Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:02 pm

After talking a good game in the off-season, the ducks have made a series of moves in the past week to show they mean what they say.

1. Gabe Gauthier signed to a P.T.O.
2. Leigh Salters signed to a SPC (not sure what this is....anyone??)
3. Shean Donovan signed to a PTO (a vet of 900+ NHL games)
4. Nathan Paetsch gifted on loan from Vancouver (a vet of many NHL and AHL games and a notorious Crunch Killer)

I like it. I'd also like to see Newton sent down to possibly learn how to play a game from outside of the penalty box.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
hardrock4445

PostSubject: Re: Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk   Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:53 pm

nice to see a parent team trying to actually help their affiliate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crunchlover

PostSubject: Re: Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk   Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Hmmm. An affiliation that actually seems to work both ways. Donovan signed before Bonino called up. Paetsch loan finalized before the inevitable Sbisa return to the Ducks. Must be Anaheim's promise of trying to win at both levels of the organization is more than just talk !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk   Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:40 pm

MrBigMike wrote:
After talking a good game in the off-season, the ducks have made a series of moves in the past week to show they mean what they say.

1. Gabe Gauthier signed to a P.T.O.
2. Leigh Salters signed to a SPC (not sure what this is....anyone??)
3. Shean Donovan signed to a PTO (a vet of 900+ NHL games)
4. Nathan Paetsch gifted on loan from Vancouver (a vet of many NHL and AHL games and a notorious Crunch Killer)

I like it. I'd also like to see Newton sent down to possibly learn how to play a game from outside of the penalty box.

These are all great moves but the Salters one. Would have liked to see Adam Perry come from the ECHL instead. I must admit was not sure if Anaheim would be better than Columbus and still am not going to dance in the streets yet but what they have done so far is impressive addressing the Crunch issues.

As for Newton he should be sent down to Elmira now as I want to see Paetsch play defense and not forward. Think about this defense with the addition of Nathan. Also even if Sbisa does go back up looks like Syvret will be sent back here as Cam Fowler has been cleared to play. Also Sutton is hoping to be back in 2 to 3 weeks. When and if the ducks get healthy we could have a couple more NHL type players sent down both forwards and defense.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sec13crunch

PostSubject: Re: Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk   Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Not trying to be an ass to amerks6, but..... Still think your winning 8 out of 10 from our boys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk   Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:46 pm

sec13crunch wrote:
Not trying to be an ass to amerks6, but..... Still think your winning 8 out of 10 from our boys?
No most likely not. I see an even series this year.

For as little talent as the Amerks have now, they have an awesome coach who gets the most out of his players.

We go from having a team filled with talent last season with a coach the team hated to a team with no talent with a coach that the players love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk   Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:30 pm

The thing that I'm imressed with is that it's not like we were in helpless need for these players.
It's very admirable that the season is only a month old and how quickly they get players that will not only
help this team win but help our developing younger players.
I just knew this affiliation was going to be diffrent from the Jackets when Scott Niedermayer came to town.
Getting a (soon to be) hall of famer to come in and work with our Dmen goes to show how much they do care.
Will we have the same roster in march that we do now? Most likely no, but Anaheim is at least putting an effort
to give us a winner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hardrock4445

PostSubject: Re: Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk   Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:01 pm

lettucehead wrote:
The thing that I'm imressed with is that it's not like we were in helpless need for these players.
It's very admirable that the season is only a month old and how quickly they get players that will not only
help this team win but help our developing younger players.
I just knew this affiliation was going to be diffrent from the Jackets when Scott Niedermayer came to town.
Getting a (soon to be) hall of famer to come in and work with our Dmen goes to show how much they do care.
Will we have the same roster in march that we do now? Most likely no, but Anaheim is at least putting an effort
to give us a winner.

I saw about Niedermayer in the paper. if I knew ahead of time I would have went down to a practice or two. I grew up a devils fan and he was always one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bohonos19

PostSubject: Re: Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk   Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:55 am

Now Kyle Palmieri has been called up. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk   

Back to top Go down

Ducks Are Officially Walking The Walk
Page 1 of 1