HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike

lettucehead

Amerks6

tcw8848

warlockmb

TonyC formerlyLEX

Hiwire

hardrock4445

sec13crunch

Kalvinators

Sites Of Interest

Share | 

GDT: Binghamton Senators @ Syracuse Crunch 10/16/10

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: GDT: Binghamton Senators @ Syracuse Crunch 10/16/10   Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:03 am

Well three games in and not much has changed. Goal tending and D looks to be the strong points. Offense continues to struggle.

Now that theahl.com is updated and running for the '10-'11 season, I was able to grab a look at some players stats from last season. We have some offensive experience on the team. For example, Trevor Smith has potted 47, 62 and 37 pts over the last three seasons with the sound Tigers. Josh Green seems to be a point-a-game player.

What seems to be the problem? The shots on goal didn't improve enough to mention last night.

What do the boys need to do to achieve the season's first W over a BSens team who was crushed by Hershey last night 7-1?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Binghamton Senators @ Syracuse Crunch 10/16/10   Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:13 pm

I guess the only thing that can help them is to relax and keep the game simple.
Alot of times with a young team they try to do too much and it hurts them in the long run.
I think being unfamiliar with each other's game isn't helping things. Hopefully that improves as the season moves forward. I'm sure the boys are itching to get that first W as much as we are. We shall see.

Really looking forward to a Mirasty-Lessard fight. IMO they had the best fight of the year last season.
I know the Mirasty-Yabo fights were cool to watch but they seemed coreographed.
Both Mirasty and Lessard landed some heavy bombs on each other last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hardrock4445

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Binghamton Senators @ Syracuse Crunch 10/16/10   Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:35 pm

I agree with lettuce. Nasty-Yabo fights do seem like there are alot of intentional glancing blows. at least if we wind up with a basement team this year there will be some entertainment. I just hope for the players sake that the crowd as a whole can realize these are young guys that don't have much experience together. and don't start jumping and booing them just yet. that will really make them feel at home....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Binghamton Senators @ Syracuse Crunch 10/16/10   Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Well finally a Crunch win. Good scraps, nice goals and excellent goal tending..again! bounce

I hope this isn't beginner's luck, these goalies look good. What a Face Thumbs up to Timo for not staying on his knees after the first shot....maybe he reads these boards.

One thing I did notice is that this team goes into keep away mode a little too early. It seems scoring insurance goals isn't even on the radar....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Binghamton Senators @ Syracuse Crunch 10/16/10   Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:27 am

Glad to see the win. What else can you say about Timo other than awesome. Well deserving of 1st star.
Dmen played well again. the forecheck looked pretty good but puck possesion seems to be a problem.
I think thats why SOG have been low. Did anyone close to the stage get a look on that Bingo goal?
Obviously Ciamaga was unsure ,and if he was consulting with the goal judge He never turned the light on so he didn't see it go in. Oh well it would have been sweet for Timo to get a shutout but the way things have been going the win is good enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reamc

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Binghamton Senators @ Syracuse Crunch 10/16/10   Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:30 am

I had probably the best seat in the house for that "goal" in the third, mainly due to my temporary re-location from my regular seat due to the band on the stage. The puck absolutely did not go in, rolled along the line and the defenseman brushed it clear. The goal judge didn't think it was in, the linesman didn't think it was in, the entire section thought it was out, but apparently the Cia-pet thought it was in. But it didn't end up mattering so I didn't end up caring...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Binghamton Senators @ Syracuse Crunch 10/16/10   

Back to top Go down

GDT: Binghamton Senators @ Syracuse Crunch 10/16/10
Page 1 of 1