HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .

Share | 
 

 Kevin Harvey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin
avatar

Posts : 235
Points : 480
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 36
Location : Syracuse

PostSubject: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:22 am

I see he made it to the Springfield Camp. Not sure if he is on a tryout or not.

I for one always like Harvey. He's one of those guys you love to have on your team, but hate him when he is not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
lettucehead

avatar

Posts : 123
Points : 195
Join date : 2010-08-28
Location : Syracuse,NY

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:41 pm

I always thought with Harvey, you take the good with the bad.
He always seemed to draw penalties while getting under somebodys skin.
The other side of that was he would take some dumb penalties at important parts of the game.
Could hold his own in a scrap and occasionally chip in a goal or assist.
I tell you what I'd take him over Sestito any day of the week.
Ya Sestito would score those garbage goals off of rebounds, but the guy was made of glass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerks6

avatar

Posts : 99
Points : 111
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Rochester

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:29 pm

I could assure you that I would never cheer for Kevin Harvey if he was on the Amerks, What a dirty, cheap hockey player. And it's not just me. When I went to Syracuse several times last season, that same sentiment was shared by about 75% of Crunch fans I talked to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warlockmb

avatar

Posts : 58
Points : 74
Join date : 2010-08-24
Age : 45
Location : Solvay

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
I could assure you that I would never cheer for Kevin Harvey if he was on the Amerks, What a dirty, cheap hockey player. And it's not just me. When I went to Syracuse several times last season, that same sentiment was shared by about 75% of Crunch fans I talked to.
I am one of the 75% as I can not stand him. When he first came to the Crunch I liked him but after about a month he just rubbed me wrong with his stupid penalties and the cheap shots. Don't get me wrong I love a pest but he just didn't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettucehead

avatar

Posts : 123
Points : 195
Join date : 2010-08-28
Location : Syracuse,NY

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 pm

warlockmb wrote:
Amerks6 wrote:
I could assure you that I would never cheer for Kevin Harvey if he was on the Amerks, What a dirty, cheap hockey player. And it's not just me. When I went to Syracuse several times last season, that same sentiment was shared by about 75% of Crunch fans I talked to.
I am one of the 75% as I can not stand him. When he first came to the Crunch I liked him but after about a month he just rubbed me wrong with his stupid penalties and the cheap shots. Don't get me wrong I love a pest but he
just didn't do it for me.


The things you guys hate about him is probably why he had a job in the AHL. He isn't the first and certainly won't be the last dirty player that has ever laced them up but in his mind he probably has played that way a long time so why stop. The only problem I had is Yates could not control him. I remember reading quotes with Harvey saying that Yates told him not to fight but he did anyway. I think one of the times he was wearing a cage with a broken jaw. Now that is bush league. Love him or hate him He did have a role on the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerks6

avatar

Posts : 99
Points : 111
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Rochester

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Sorry, there's a fine line. And Harvey usually crossed it. I didn't like Kaleta on the Amerks either, if that matters so it's not just because he's on the Crunch. It doesn't matter what team he plays on, Harvey is a cheap hockey player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettucehead

avatar

Posts : 123
Points : 195
Join date : 2010-08-28
Location : Syracuse,NY

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
Sorry, there's a fine line. And Harvey usually crossed it. I didn't like Kaleta on the Amerks either, if that matters so it's not just because he's on the Crunch. It doesn't matter what team he plays on, Harvey is a cheap hockey player.

That's fine if you don't like these guys. All I'm saying is just about every team has a guy like this.
These guys don't have the most skill so they do the "other things" that guys will not do.
Look at Darcy Tucker. He made this style of play his career. Just retired after 14 years.
It's part of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warlockmb

avatar

Posts : 58
Points : 74
Join date : 2010-08-24
Age : 45
Location : Solvay

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:53 pm

lettucehead wrote:
Amerks6 wrote:
Sorry, there's a fine line. And Harvey usually crossed it. I didn't like Kaleta on the Amerks either, if that matters so it's not just because he's on the Crunch. It doesn't matter what team he plays on, Harvey is a cheap hockey player.

That's fine if you don't like these guys. All I'm saying is just about every team has a guy like this.
These guys don't have the most skill so they do the "other things" that guys will not do.
Look at Darcy Tucker. He made this style of play his career. Just retired after 14 years.
It's part of the game.
Its not that I don't like that type of player as Jeremy Reich, David Ling, Derek Dorsett, and Darcy Verot were some of my favorite Crunch players. To me Harvey was a dirty player and hurt the Crunch more than he helped. When its the 3rd period and down by a goal why elbow someone to the head and get a penalty when the team needed a goal. Throw a hard hit and talk it up to get under the skin not elbows,slashes and punches, and take stupid penalties. But this is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin
avatar

Posts : 235
Points : 480
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 36
Location : Syracuse

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:01 pm

I fully understand why people don't like him. But I don't know, I just liked the guy. Talked to him a few times at bars and he was a good guy. I agree with lettuce, I think that the style he played is all he knew.

I will say, there is no denying he deserves getting his ass kicked for things he has done.

That said, I cannot wait for the Springfield game. I hope he is still there when we meet up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
Amerks6

avatar

Posts : 99
Points : 111
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Rochester

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:14 pm

I hated him prior to this, but when he gave that forearm to the head of Luke Beaverson, that was the end of it. So dirty. Many of you may not have seen it since it was in Rochester.

And I admit this was also a dirty play, but it was so awesome to watch MacIntyre cross check him right in the face in Syracuse. I won't lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin
avatar

Posts : 235
Points : 480
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 36
Location : Syracuse

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:21 pm

I watched it. And it is refreshing to hear it referred to as a forearm...not an elbow.

Like I said....you can't argue he had it coming when Steve blasted him in the chops
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
Amerks6

avatar

Posts : 99
Points : 111
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Rochester

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:47 pm

I think one of the biggest problems I had with the Beaverson hit was that Harvey had a cage on. I mean, yeah, you're real tough throwing cheap shots like that with a cage on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sec13crunch



Posts : 33
Points : 35
Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:06 pm

It's all just part of this awesome sport!! Just like the last game of the year when jonny went nuts and got a few of those Amerk punks! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tcw8848

avatar

Posts : 59
Points : 110
Join date : 2010-08-24
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:32 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mcgratton20

avatar

Posts : 7
Points : 9
Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:55 pm

i always didnt like him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kevin Harvey   

Back to top Go down
 
Kevin Harvey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Jenna and Kevin got married!!
» Brandon Bos OR Kevin Pangos
» Kevin Sharp Sacked.
» Kevin Thomas, Rainier Croft, Theon Reefer at same prep?
» CROWN EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Kevin Pangos slams down a two-hander.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum :: Topics :: Ghosts of Crunch Past-
Jump to: