HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike

lettucehead

Amerks6

tcw8848

warlockmb

TonyC formerlyLEX

Hiwire

hardrock4445

sec13crunch

Kalvinators

Sites Of Interest

Share | 

GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Well guys, it's finally here. cheers Sort of. Hockey is back at the old barn in the form of pre-season action. Can the Crunch go 3-0 in the pre-season?

I have not had a chance to check out the roster for the Phantoms, so if anyone knows if they have a tough guy let me know. I have been itching for a "Nasty" fight for some time now. I expect as a courtesy to the fans, Mirasty will be given the green light to go.

I for one will not be able sleep tonight. For once it will not be due to my insomnia (a.k.a stress, the dog and/or my girlfriend!!!) Shocked

Who's going? Let's pack the barn!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
MoreCowbell

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:18 pm

The boys in Section 7 will be their in force. No cowbells since its only an exhibition game.

I can't wait to see Timo between the pipes !!!! This kid is going to be the best goalie we have had since JF Labbe from the things I have heard. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:30 pm

MoreCowbell wrote:
The boys in Section 7 will be their in force. No cowbells since its only an exhibition game.

I can't wait to see Timo between the pipes !!!! This kid is going to be the best goalie we have had since JF Labbe from the things I have heard. Very Happy

I'm sorry, was this sarcasm or are you being serious?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tcw8848

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:13 pm

i know they have klotz and clackson, not sure if either are in or not, i know nasty fought clackson at last years home opener, i sort of doubt klotz would be willing to go with him though... i also hear that have a new agitator who nearly started a pre game brawl already this year by the name of zac rinaldo.....other than that some potential middleweight fights maybe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tcw8848

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:16 pm

oh i forgot patrick maroon who is like 6'5", fights, and who is at least potential for Jon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:33 pm

I remember Clackson. Jonny tried to get him to go later in the season to know avail. I think if Klotz is in, he will go.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
MoreCowbell wrote:

ha.... I know what you're saying amerks...but he looked sharp in goal so far. I know his numbers are less than impressive, but sometimes all a guy needs is a fresh start. He has looked real confident so far.

I really wish we didn't have to rely on an unproven goalie to shine though.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:52 pm

MrBigMike wrote:
Amerks6 wrote:
MoreCowbell wrote:

ha.... I know what you're saying amerks...but he looked sharp in goal so far. I know his numbers are less than impressive, but sometimes all a guy needs is a fresh start. He has looked real confident so far.

I really wish we didn't have to rely on an unproven goalie to shine though.
I just don't put much stock into preseason. He struggled last season in the ECHL.

But comparing him to Labbe? That's just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoreCowbell

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Amerks6 did you go out to Bakersfield, CA to scout Timo last season. Seems like you know a lot about the kid from reading his stats online.

Also looks like our defense should be solid since the first guy sent to the ECHL (DeGray) was a guy who started for the Amerks from December - April.

The info I received is solid on Timo will be one of the top netminders in the AHL this season. Just wait and see.

Also who be picking up Nylander from the senior citizen center in Fairport?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:00 pm

MoreCowbell wrote:
Amerks6 did you go out to Bakersfield, CA to scout Timo last season. Seems like you know a lot about the kid from reading his stats online.

Also looks like our defense should be solid since the first guy sent to the ECHL (DeGray) was a guy who started for the Amerks from December - April.

The info I received is solid on Timo will be one of the top netminders in the AHL this season. Just wait and see.

Also will you be picking up Nylander and Taylor for the senior citizen center in Fairport or have the Amerks hired a courtesy shuttle to get them to/from the rink. (LOL)
The "info you received" LOL? Yeah, I'm sure he was fantastic out there, along with his .883 save %. Those are Chris Beckford-Tseu like numbers.

As for Nylander and Taylor, they would both be your number 1 and 2 centers if they were on Syracuse, so make all the jokes you want, they both can play. Taylor had 61 points playing half the season in a defensive role. Yeah, I'll take that.

I wouldn't talk about the Amerks, whose lineup looks miles ahead of Syracuse's. Maybe you guys beat us 2 times this season?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoreCowbell

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:11 pm

I forgot about Taylor. Nylander and Taylor can both use the Monroe County - Call A Bus and split the cost from the senior center.

If Nylander is such a stud why the heck would Washington loan him to the Amerks instead of sending him to Hershey.

Is Yorkie still playing or is he working in the concession stand selling beer?

Its great have a person like you on the site who has knowledge of every player in the Anaheim system and is able to evaluate their talent without every having seen them play. The board is going to be a lot of fun with you on it.

Timo for MVP of the AHL !!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bohonos19

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Hey don't let this clown get to you. He's the resident site pest. His sole purpose is to stir things up here. And by the looks of things, I'm starting to think he's running the show here. Hey Mike, no disrespect meant here but if you don't reel this dude in this forum won't last long. I mean think about it, this is a Crunch fan forum correct? And when someone talks about Crunch news, they get assaulted? Huh?? And by a freaking amerks fan? Like I said Mike, put a choke hold on this idiot (amerk -freak) or I'm going to be your new Crunch forum competition.

MoreCowbell wrote:

Also who be picking up Nylander from the senior citizen center in Fairport?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:25 pm

MoreCowbell wrote:
I forgot about Taylor. Nylander and Taylor can both use the Monroe County - Call A Bus and split the cost from the senior center.

If Nylander is such a stud why the heck would Washington loan him to the Amerks instead of sending him to Hershey.

Is Yorkie still playing or is he working in the concession stand selling beer?

Its great have a person like you on the site who has knowledge of every player in the Anaheim system and is able to evaluate their talent without every having seen them play. The board is going to be a lot of fun with you on it.

Timo for MVP of the AHL !!!! cheers
Timo for MVP, it's at least got some comedy to it!

As for Nylander, at least do your research. He's not with Hershey because they reached their max number of vets and had no room for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Well....first and foremost Crunch win 5-4.

And now onto the childish issues.

To those that have an issue with Amerks6 being on the board, I'll say this:

In my opinion the more the merrier. I like having fans from other teams on this board. I only wish we could attract more. I think it goes with out saying that he (amerks6) is going to have a different view from us. I wouldn't expect any fan to come on here and Say, "Aw shucks, I wish I lived in Syracuse so I could be a Crunch fan", especially an Amerk fan.

It's ball busting. No one is making personal attacks. If it gets out of hand, I'll remove posts as necessary.

Bohonos19:

I run this site...not amerks6, you or anyone else. It can look like anything you want, but that's how it is.

I guess I just don't see the big deal with this. I visit the Amerks board almost daily and it's rediculous. Personal attacks, name calling and every other form of school yard antics.

If a forum with out ball busting is what's desired, then I think that would make for a boring site. If the solution is to ban every one who has a different opinion, this board would be a ghost town.

I have put hours of my personal time....and I mean hours into this site. Syr.com sucks, especially since the make over. Outside of Dave's site we have had nothing of our own for some time now. I thought this site would be a welcomed change. If it is not good enough for you guys, by all means, take time and possibly money out of your pocket and make your own. I took that as a threat bohonos19, and if it's what you desire be my guest.

I have asked in different threads, numerous times, for ideas and/ or suggestions and received none. I don't have a crystal ball to know what kind of things you guys want. I have added just about every feature imaginable to make this an enjoyable site.

I am starting to be REAL glad I utilized a free site.

I don't mind doing this and at times enjoy it. It's up to you guys whether or not we keep it.

That said....GO CRUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:36 pm

I don't think any of my posts on this site have been out of line. I come with an opposing view point, I guess some people can't handle that.

I came in this thread with a legit question, asking if the poster was serious or joking about Pielmeier being comparable to Labbe.

And I have to disagree on the Amerks board, where has there been personal attacks or name calling in the last several months? In my opinion, it's the best forum you're going to find in the AHL. Hopefully this place can match the activity over there in time. Most posters over there know each other personally from the game, I think it's very civil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:46 pm

Well Amerks6 There is or at least has been personal attacks. No big deal. In fact, I am not certain, but I think you and I have gone toe to toe over there...that was why I asked your user name. I think I have you pegged. It's all in fun though.

It's unfortunate because I hoped to make a place where we could get good traffic, have some decent discussions and even a little fun.

No offense, but I can see where your posts could be viewed as annoying to some, but I just think people should understand that there is a strong rivalry between us and Rochester and nothing less should be expected.

I certainly don't agree that one should be banned for a differing view point.

And to Bohonos19 (PT 2) I see you already made another site.....Kudos to you for that. You are still welcome here and if you or anyone else choose to utilize somewhere else....that's your choice.

Like I said earlier, I have asked numerous times for feedback and requests. I am still open to suggestions but I cannot agree with banning anyone who is not a Crunch fan. Almost every board I have visited (that was any good) is open and welcome to fans from around the league.
Back to top Go down
sinbin

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Bonino is going to be a good one. The kid has about 8 points in 3 preseason games.
Syvret on the point during the powerplay, I can't put into words how nice it is to see a QB on the point, It's been years since Syracuse has had a player on the point like Syvret.
Palmieri is also going to be a star. 19 years old with great wheels and a real nice shot.
Newton has legs like 68 year old Wayne Newton. This kid was beat several times and took some stupid penalties because of his lack of speed. Look for him to be singing karaoke in a Elmira bar real soon.
Goaltending is going to kill us this year. I know it's early but I don't like what I see at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:03 am

MrBigMike wrote:
Well Amerks6 There is or at least has been personal attacks. No big deal. In fact, I am not certain, but I think you and I have gone toe to toe over there...that was why I asked your user name. I think I have you pegged. It's all in fun though.

It's unfortunate because I hoped to make a place where we could get good traffic, have some decent discussions and even a little fun.

No offense, but I can see where your posts could be viewed as annoying to some, but I just think people should understand that there is a strong rivalry between us and Rochester and nothing less should be expected.

I certainly don't agree that one should be banned for a differing view point.

And to Bohonos19 (PT 2) I see you already made another site.....Kudos to you for that. You are still welcome here and if you or anyone else choose to utilize somewhere else....that's your choice.

Like I said earlier, I have asked numerous times for feedback and requests. I am still open to suggestions but I cannot agree with banning anyone who is not a Crunch fan. Almost every board I have visited (that was any good) is open and welcome to fans from around the league.
Yeah, that place was pretty unstable a couple years ago. When the whole Donner/Affiliation/Sabres thing went down, people took opposing viewpoints and it got ugly. It's definitely calmed down a lot in the last year.

I hope this place takes off. I suggested to post a link on the Amerks board or on AHL Fans. Tell some people on opening night. Have Kramer mention it in his blog if he'd agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:04 am

Agree on the forwards.

It is nice to have an offensive minded D-man on the point . Reminds me of the good old days of Clay Wilson.

I have mixed feelings on the goal tending. I like Timo. He in no solid no. 1 (yet) but the two times I watched him (Oswego and tonight) he looked good. One of the two he let in tonight wasn't really his fault. J.P. makes me a little nervous. He doesn't seem to see the puck as good as Timo.

Like someone else said in a different thread.....this is either going to be a great season or an awful one. I see no happy medium ( but is there even such thing?)

Offense seems to click. 5+ goals in each game.

Time will tell. I'm staying optimistic for as long as I can. From what I have seen so far I like the coaching staff. They look good out there and seem to say the right things in interviews.
Back to top Go down
warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:51 am

Its great to have hockey again as it has been a long summer and also glad the Crunch did so good in the preseason. Yeah I know it does not mean anything but to have a team that can score goals sure is nice. I am optomistic this season but also realistic this team is going to struggle. I for one can't wait til saturday.

As for Amerks6 He is going to give his opinion and he is probably right as we can always look at things different because we are fans of this team. His view is from the outside and it is nice to have that. It also makes for some great topics to go back and forth as long as it stays civilized. I for one enjoy his posts and don't always agree but he has been a top poster here and I would hate to see him leave.

MIke I want to thank you again for this site and sure once the season starts and word gets around traffic will pick up a ton.
MrBigMike wrote:
Well....first and foremost Crunch win 5-4.

And now onto the childish issues.

To those that have an issue with Amerks6 being on the board, I'll say this:

In my opinion the more the merrier. I like having fans from other teams on this board. I only wish we could attract more. I think it goes with out saying that he (amerks6) is going to have a different view from us. I wouldn't expect any fan to come on here and Say, "Aw shucks, I wish I lived in Syracuse so I could be a Crunch fan", especially an Amerk fan.

It's ball busting. No one is making personal attacks. If it gets out of hand, I'll remove posts as necessary.

Bohonos19:

I run this site...not amerks6, you or anyone else. It can look like anything you want, but that's how it is.

I guess I just don't see the big deal with this. I visit the Amerks board almost daily and it's rediculous. Personal attacks, name calling and every other form of school yard antics.

If a forum with out ball busting is what's desired, then I think that would make for a boring site. If the solution is to ban every one who has a different opinion, this board would be a ghost town.

I have put hours of my personal time....and I mean hours into this site. Syr.com sucks, especially since the make over. Outside of Dave's site we have had nothing of our own for some time now. I thought this site would be a welcomed change. If it is not good enough for you guys, by all means, take time and possibly money out of your pocket and make your own. I took that as a threat bohonos19, and if it's what you desire be my guest.

I have asked in different threads, numerous times, for ideas and/ or suggestions and received none. I don't have a crystal ball to know what kind of things you guys want. I have added just about every feature imaginable to make this an enjoyable site.

I am starting to be REAL glad I utilized a free site.

I don't mind doing this and at times enjoy it. It's up to you guys whether or not we keep it.

That said....GO CRUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:56 pm

No problem warlock. Like I said, I don't mind doing this as long as it's going to be used.
Back to top Go down
Cruncher77

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:08 pm

First and foremost 3-0 in the preseason is a good start. I wouldn't put to much stock into it, but it's certainly better then 0-3.

As for Amerks6-

Have you noticed that every aspect you bring up about the Amerks is always #1 or the best or better then yours, but yet when a Crunch fan on a Crunch board has something good to say about our team, its always "ridiculous" or "wrong" or "not as good as ours".

I'm not going to sit here and say we will have a great team and rochester will stink but, you do realize that Florida will probably be one of the worst teams in the NHL.

Bad NHL team= robbing the farm!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:39 pm

I think Anaheim is banking on our Dmen (which is a solid group) to really help out our goaltenders more than
they normally would. With that being said we aren't going to be successful letting 4 or 5 goals in per night.
I hope one of the goaltenders can get in a consistent rythm and can see the majority of the starts. I think that is the key to this season. the forwards looked good. They had alot of energy. CANNOT WAIT TIL SATURDAY!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sec13crunch

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Thought i'd chime in, first Big Mike great board! Second, i really do think this team if it gets solid goaltending will be very good. I changed my name from Syracuse.com but to my buddies fro there, this is hocknsox. Amerks06, your boys will be good and the D seems to be rounding into shape. That being said, your way off on saying the Crunch will only win two games against the Amerks. Im thinking 5 or 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:50 pm

hocknsox...good to have you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.   

Back to top Go down

GDT: Phnatoms @ Crunch 10/3/10 7:00 p.m.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum :: Topics :: 2010-2011 Season-
Jump to: