HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike

lettucehead

Amerks6

tcw8848

warlockmb

TonyC formerlyLEX

Hiwire

hardrock4445

sec13crunch

Kalvinators

Sites Of Interest

Share | 

Norfolk @ Crunch 1/22/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Norfolk @ Crunch 1/22/11   Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 am

I hate to say it, but tonight was actually a fun game to watch. Nice to see some hits, and goals.

I heard a mild goalie chant going...we still need to pick that up.

We still need a heavy weight who can deter monsters like Mihalik from throwing his weight around all game.

Holick still sucks and I still want Mirasty back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
lettucehead

PostSubject: Norfolk@Syracuse   Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:51 am

Excellent Hockey Game!! It seems the more physical they play the better the results.
(More reason to bring back #41, but anyway) Great game, and great entertainment.
Reminded me of 07-08.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruncher77

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk @ Crunch 1/22/11   Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:10 am

Fun game for sure. JP really made some SICK saves, especially the one at the end. I like the look of the 5 forward PP- it's different but why not at this point. Nice to see Salters stick up for the guys.

Alot of intensity and one of the most sound games all year. I just wish it would continue for the rest of the season, but we've seen nothing up to date to feel that way.

I have to say regarding the Mirasty chatter, would it really make any difference to have him on the team considering guys they feel are better equiped for taking his place ( Salters, Kurtz ) are only getting 4 or 5 shifts a game any ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk @ Crunch 1/22/11   Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:28 am

Cruncher77 wrote:
Fun game for sure. JP really made some SICK saves, especially the one at the end. I like the look of the 5 forward PP- it's different but why not at this point. Nice to see Salters stick up for the guys.

Alot of intensity and one of the most sound games all year. I just wish it would continue for the rest of the season, but we've seen nothing up to date to feel that way.

I have to say regarding the Mirasty chatter, would it really make any difference to have him on the team considering guys they feel are better equiped for taking his place ( Salters, Kurtz ) are only getting 4 or 5 shifts a game any ways.

Yes but try and put Salters or Kurtz up against the heavy weights, not a chance they will win. Besides that Salters and Kurtz don't intimidate people the way Jon Does. Just his presence on the bench keeps the other teams in line. Like tonight, I doubt Norfolk would have been so aggressive towards us if Jon was here on the bench.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk @ Crunch 1/22/11   Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:40 am

Cruncher77 wrote:

You hit the nail on the head with Kurtz and Salters. A guy on the 4th line is expected to keep the puck deep in the oppossing zone, be physical and drop the gloves if his team needs a spark or if a teammate had a run taken at him.
The whole work on his game buullshit for #41 is a lame excuse and I get the feeling he is being blackballed out of the organization. If they realize that playing a physical game will generate results in the standings, #41 should be brought back with no questions asked. I hate to turn this into another Mirasty rant but they sent him down to Elmira saying that he needed to get better at his hockey skills. For the 1000th time the guy isn't Wayne Gretzky
(with all due respect because the "Great One" is my all time favorite) and he never will be.

The bottom line is they played with an edge and got a W.
If that doesn't translate into what they should continue to do the rest of the seasonthen they aren't a smart group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
syraspike

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk @ Crunch 1/22/11   Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:12 pm

HOLD ON WAIT STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!
Anthony Anthony Anthony

I thought you were so dead set against Mirasty's usefulness? That is exactly the kind of comment that made you the laughing stock of the Syr.com forum.
I promised myself I wouldn't laugh at you anymore, but I couldn't help myself after you showed what a hypocrite you really are.You railed endlessly not long ago about what a dead weight Mirasty was.Now you say he would have served the Crunch well last night. Again,I ask you, where EXACTLY do you stand on the Mirasty issue????? Question Question lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk @ Crunch 1/22/11   Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:18 am

syraspike wrote:
HOLD ON WAIT STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!
Anthony Anthony Anthony

I thought you were so dead set against Mirasty's usefulness? That is exactly the kind of comment that made you the laughing stock of the Syr.com forum.
I promised myself I wouldn't laugh at you anymore, but I couldn't help myself after you showed what a hypocrite you really are.You railed endlessly not long ago about what a dead weight Mirasty was.Now you say he would have served the Crunch well last night. Again,I ask you, where EXACTLY do you stand on the Mirasty issue????? Question Question lol!

Over the summer my nephew constantly wanted me to get Jon's autograph for him, he constantly wanted me to show him youtube videos of him. And over the summer I came to respect Jon for what he did for this team, especially when things started going downhill early this season. One can always change ones mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk @ Crunch 1/22/11   

Back to top Go down

Norfolk @ Crunch 1/22/11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1