HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » New Team New Attitude
    Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
    Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
    Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
    Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
    Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
    Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
    Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
    Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
    Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Top posters
    MrBigMike

lettucehead

Amerks6

tcw8848

warlockmb

TonyC formerlyLEX

Hiwire

hardrock4445

sec13crunch

Kalvinators

Sites Of Interest

Share | 

Protests

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Hiwire

PostSubject: Protests    Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:56 pm

How big is the Elmira arena? Can they hold a bus load of Crunch season ticket holders?? I will definitely travel to Elmira to watch some better hockey and spend my money where its appreciated.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    crunchlover

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:11 am

I like Hiwire's idea but not on January 15.(as to the Elmira arena go to firstarena.com to see a seating chart) I think after the national anthem is played on the 15th we should all stand and do two goalie chants. The first is Holick, you suck. The second is Anaheim, you suck. Then we all put on our hats and coats and file out of the building and go home(or where ever you care to go). Let Holick, Ferguson and the rest of the Anaheim clowns see how many of us are really pissed off and are willing to do something about it.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:09 am

I will always go to the games because I love hockey even though sometimes I wonder if that is what I am watching this season, so not going is a bad idea for a protest. If we all stop going to games then Howard pulls the team out and we have nothing so the only logical protest is to go to the game on the 15th and all game long just chant NASTY!!! MIRASTY!!! NASTY!!! MIRASTY!!! while doing the tomahawk chop . Also HOLICK YOU SUCK!! is a good one as well when the opposing team scores. Another good one would be LETS GO ORANGE!!! that could piss some people off! That's about all I got except maybe everyone bring a paper bag and wear it all game long every game.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:16 am

Just thought of a really good one as I was looking at who we are playing on the 15th we all could chant LETS GO AMERKS even though I might vomit in my mouth but that would send a message!
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    MrBigMike
    Admin

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:48 am

Call me crazy or big hearted but I don't quite think alienating the team is such a great idea. I'm sure they are as frustrated as us. No one likes losing. If we turn on the team, no one will want to play here. I think the message needs to be sent to the crunch, holick and the ducks.

Warlock, I thought about rooting the amerks on, but its the amerks. They will have enough fans there and we don't need to give them anything else to hold over our heads.

I love the paper bag idea and I'm going to deck mine out in jackals colors with a big 41 on back.

B or E....I like your idea . A walk out would look awful, but I don't think you will organize the masses to do the same. I think 3-5,000 paper bag heads in the crowd would look awesome. We definately need a holick chant. I cannot believe he would come after us. Let's make sure he knows the boos are for him.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
    Hiwire

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:17 am

Imagine how some of the sponsors are going to feel! He has been a gold mine for some of them. There is the fight tally in the rafters that will now come to a halt. I think that is Herb Philipson. What about that new P28 bread video. I think that was pretty damn cool. Obviously a lot of time and money went in to the making of that. My guess is that we have probably seen the last of it. U think Metalico is going to want to hear boos when "scrappiest player" is given to some guy swinging a purse? I guess Anaheim doesnt have to worry about that but Howard sure as hell does!
    I wonder if Holick has thought about what it will be like to booed CONSISTANTLY if front of his team and in front of other teams. I have a feeling that THAT will get more results than we think but it will have to continue for more than 1 or 2 games. He needs to know that he has screwed up the Crunch's whole season, not just a game or 2. We wont forget this easily. He has a LOT to make up for. I dont know if this will bring Jon back but it should make him try to find ways to turn himself and this excuse for a team around to regain our support and give us a reason to NOT boo him. No more free passes.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    stagedweller

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:27 pm

My kid just had a great idea, pinrt out a picture of Mirasty, cut out the eyes and either hold it up in front of your face or use a rubber band. Or maybe tape or glue the picture to a paper bag.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    MrSteak

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Makes me wonder where the huge Mirasty heads are.

Here's another great idea ....

How about ALTERNATING "WE WANT AGNEW" and "WE WANT NASTY" chants!
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    hardrock4445

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:11 pm

jerseys inside out???
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    hanson 17

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Why not just see what happens and just maybe cheer for your team.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Hiwire

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Wouldnt it be great if it was that easy? Its just too frustrating to sit through the games and root for a bunch of goofballs flailing around in tutus while the coach makes monumental decisions like demoting the toughest player on the team. If Im going to continue putting forth the effort to cheer them on, I want to see some effort on the ice too. They claim that the crowd support helps them win but they dont seem to be doing much to encourage us. If we are going to pay money we want to be stroked a little. Give us a show. Right now what do we have to cheer about? Wouldnt it be insulting to the intellegence of Hollick and the team to let them think we are happy with what we have been seeing?
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    MrBigMike
    Admin

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:08 am

hanson 17 wrote:

You can do what you want. Others will do what they want. Just exactly what is there to cheer for? "Our team"?

I do not entirely blame the players individually. There is something wrong somewhere. I will not cheer for a coach who takes cheap shots at us. I will not cheer for an organization who comes into town and takes over like they are the all mighty.

Anyone can say what they wish. This whole Mirasty thing goes much deeper than those morons in Rochester (amerks6/ RWB) can comprehend. We're not shedding tears because our favorite goon got the boot. If it's too complicated to understand what the real issue is, then maybe they should concern themselves with their own joke of an organization.

If this team comes back home with 14 pts after this road trip, my bag will still be on my head on Jan 15th.

Holick is an asshole and Anaheim is a joke.
    Back to top Go down
    warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:13 am

hanson 17 wrote:

I will always cheer for the Crunch no matter what when there is something to cheer for. But I will Boo them as well if deserved. I never want them to loose games and always ring the cow bells and high five the people that sit around me when we score and win. I am sure everyone else that is a season ticket holder or goes to games from time to time. I think everyone like myself is just tired of loosing and we were told it was going to be different and better this season and it is actually worse!

I am very upset that the coach attacked the fans through the media and also read that he verbally attacked fans at a game. That is not right and very unprofessional and I am embarrassed that he is the coach of these kids and players. He needs to step up and be a leader and not care what a few fans say or do and if he does maybe he is in the wrong line of work. I think he needs to apologize to the fans and if the team comes together the crowds will get bigger and better.

I miss the good old days when the barn was rocking and the fans made the team play better but this year has been bad and it is hard to get excited at the games right now. Bye the way another great game tonight by the boys winning 4-1 against the Amerks and they played great. If they play like that on the 15th they will get cheered. If they play like they did against the Phantoms again they will get Booed! Even if they play hard and loose I will cheer but that half assed not ready to play crap is unacceptable!
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:10 am

warlockmb wrote:
    hanson 17 wrote:

I will always cheer for the Crunch no matter what when there is something to cheer for. But I will Boo them as well if deserved. I never want them to loose games and always ring the cow bells and high five the people that sit around me when we score and win. I am sure everyone else that is a season ticket holder or goes to games from time to time. I think everyone like myself is just tired of loosing and we were told it was going to be different and better this season and it is actually worse!

I am very upset that the coach attacked the fans through the media and also read that he verbally attacked fans at a game. That is not right and very unprofessional and I am embarrassed that he is the coach of these kids and players. He needs to step up and be a leader and not care what a few fans say or do and if he does maybe he is in the wrong line of work. I think he needs to apologize to the fans and if the team comes together the crowds will get bigger and better.

I miss the good old days when the barn was rocking and the fans made the team play better but this year has been bad and it is hard to get excited at the games right now. Bye the way another great game tonight by the boys winning 4-1 against the Amerks and they played great. If they play like that on the 15th they will get cheered. If they play like they did against the Phantoms again they will get Booed! Even if they play hard and loose I will cheer but that half assed not ready to play crap is unacceptable!

Holick was bashing the crunch fans? do you have a link to the news?
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    hockeymike

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:40 am

Here's the link - http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2010/12/adirondack_keeps_flexing_muscl.html

Holick has a lot to learn, hopefully he will grow up. Crunch has had 2 good wins on the road and would love to see them string some more together. Can't get into the protests but if you pay your money to go to games you can do whatever you want within reason.

Wondering though if they have a successful road trip does that change things? What if they end up winning 3 of the next 4? Or is it all about Mirasty and Holick's comments and it doesn't matter what the team does?
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    MrBigMike
    Admin

PostSubject: Re: Protests    Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 am

Let me see if I can clear the air here. I am already sick of reading about this whole Mirasty thing.

If most Crunch fans were presented with the clear cut choice of A) having Jon Mirasty or B) having a team that could make a deep playoff run, I'm sure we would chose B. At least I would, and I am one of the steaming mad (that he is gone)

Sadly, and realistically, one has nothing to do with the other. One roster spot (especially from the pool we have to choose from) will neither make nor break us. Additionally, his loss is more of a symbolic one. He was the only face we had left that was familiar to us. He is a great guy to have in and out of the locker room.

I am sick of reading all these people's responses that bash anyone who is upset at Mirasty's demotion. They always find a space in their posts to say something like " well if you guys knew hockey" or "so called fans". I think that the most of us who are upset know hockey well and are true fans, that's why we're upset.

Anyone, and there are a lot of you out there judging by the facebook and syr.com posts, who draws a correlation between the three wins and Mirasty getting the boot should seriously stop spreading your ignorance and seek professional help immediately.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protests    

Back to top Go down

Protests
    Page 1 of 1