HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike

lettucehead

Amerks6

tcw8848

warlockmb

TonyC formerlyLEX

Hiwire

hardrock4445

sec13crunch

Kalvinators

Sites Of Interest

Share | 

No More Excuses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 am

Time to buy Holick a bus ticket. No more excuses, no more time. 32 games in is enough of a test. He is awful. I gave him a big thumbs up and a standing ovation with about 10 seconds left and I'd bet the farm we locked eyes. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but that and a dollar will get your morning coffee.

We are not Hershey, or WBS or any other power house. But we have enough talent to be competitive. 2 S.O.G in the first?

What the hell is up with pairing Newton and Williams?

The only explanation that would excuse anything is that Holick is merely a puppet and has no say in how his team is run and honestly I doubt that.

I know this is kicking a dead horse...but scratching Mirasty AGAIN? For who? Kennedy? Macenauer? Mitchell? No reason what so ever to sit him. All these hockey experts who say "I'd rather win than see a Mirasty fight" OK. Well how did that work for you tonight? Check the stats, we have more wins with Mirasty in the line-up than with out. Not sure if one has anything to do with the other, but it certainly does not the other way.

Finally, to wrap up my rant, It seems to me that Maroon is really the only one giving 100%. Others would do well to follow his lead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:13 am

I agree 100% Mike. Holick needs to go and he needs to go now. He obviously doesn't seem to have a clue whats he's doing. Somebody call Agnew!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crunchlover

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:47 am

Mr. Mike- I got my answer between the 2nd and 3rd periods. When I asked who was behind the constant Mirasty scratches I was told-and I quote-" it's 100% Holick. This is the way he wants to build his team". Had a nice little chat and also was told- " Holick never coached anywhere above the juniors, you know. He's as far over his head in the AHL as alot of these young rookie players." So I agree with the other posters. It's time for Anaheim to go get a real coach-today-not next month or next year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:01 am

This game was one of the worst played games I have ever seen. (from both teams)
Instead of the players getting paid to play, we should get paid to watch.

Your right about Maroon. He was the only one that I noticed that gave an effort.
Did the Crunch at any time keep possesion of the puck in the off. zone for more than 3 passes??

As far as Mirasty, I'd love for him to play and think that he would at the very least be a positive influence on this team. Enforcer or not you don't get to play at a professional level for 4+ years without knowing the game.
Not even talking about fighting, he obviously knows that. but the physical part of the game. Hitting and winning puck battles basically being strong on the puck. These young guys respect him and seek his advice off the ice and I'd bet they would listen to him on the bench and in the dressing room.
I'm not saying make him the next coach, but this team drastically lacks physical play. He would only help that part of their game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:20 am

crunchlover wrote:
Mr. Mike- I got my answer between the 2nd and 3rd periods. When I asked who was behind the constant Mirasty scratches I was told-and I quote-" it's 100% Holick. This is the way he wants to build his team". Had a nice little chat and also was told- " Holick never coached anywhere above the juniors, you know. He's as far over his head in the AHL as alot of these young rookie players." So I agree with the other posters. It's time for Anaheim to go get a real coach-today-not next month or next year!

Wait.....next month is next year....... What a Face
Back to top Go down
tcw8848

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:21 am

Holick is trash, I don't know about you but my boos are 100% at him!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiwire

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:52 am

Hollick needs to know that ANY booing heard at our war memorial is a refection on his coaching. Syracuse fans have been known as tough fans. He cant expect us to be happy watching this kind of hockey. Dont expect us to applaud the sort of "effort" we saw last night. Maybe he is happy just to say he coached an AHL team for part of a season. Im sure he has already made more money this season than he did in several seasons in the past but I still worked just as hard to pay for my season tickets this year and I did not pay all this money expecting to see this kind of hockey. I can see it for free at some of the local high schools. If this team wants the sort of support and tough fans that Syracuse is known for, they really need to step up. I stopped counting last night after the 10th time Crunch players collided with each other on the ice. How pathetic is that? They get run in to the boards and instead of hitting back they take the time to try to get the ref's attention?? Hey Howard Dont expect to fill the Dome if this is the sort of hockey we can expect to see. I know I wont trudge up the hill to watch this crap. Save the money you would spend on a Dome game and give it to Anaheim for some talent or some skimpier costumes for the Ice Girls or something to take our minds off what we have seen so far this season. Even if they turn around today it wont erase what we have seen so far. Im thinking we can expect to see a snowball effect. The worse they play and more they cower from hits, the more the opposition is going to beat up these players and the more the fans are going to revolt. The more the fans show their displeasure, the easier its going to be for the opposition the play in the "house of pain". The crowd support was a big help in them winning but dont expect us to help them lose too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crunchclub52

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:26 am

My money says that Holick was pissed that Big Sexy had the "play of the game".

On another note, I have never been a real fan of Mirasty, but after watching his patience signing autographs and taking pictures with about 100 kids a night, I can honestly say that I've changed my mind. He is a terrific ambassador for the team!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:24 pm

I don't get what Holick expects out of the fans.
Are we supposed to cheer when they turn the puck over 85 times per game???
Are we supposed to cheer when the opposition scores???
Someone needs to inform Holick that we are not stagnant robots in the seats.
I might agree with Holick if his team gave a s*it but they don't.
Maybe he needs to direct his anger at his team and they might respond with some honest effort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:55 pm

crunchclub52 wrote:
My money says that Holick was pissed that Big Sexy had the "play of the game".

On another note, I have never been a real fan of Mirasty, but after watching his patience signing autographs and taking pictures with about 100 kids a night, I can honestly say that I've changed my mind. He is a terrific ambassador for the team!!

I said this the other night in a different thread. Against the Whale, Mirasty could be seen getting excited and throwing his hands up each time we scored. I don't know if there is a rule, or some code but you never see a scratched player in the stands show any emotion. I'm sure he wants to play and is pissed that he isn't. The fact that he still seems to care gives me some hope that he is sticking this out to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Hiwire

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:24 pm

haha I was waiting to see what they would consider to be the play of the game. There sure wasnt anything in the Crunch favor that would have qualified although I saw some nice shots taken by the Phantoms that would have worked.
I have never seen so many "shots" by a team that hit a player. What was that all about? How can that happen? Seems like if there is a player in that space then shoot elsewhere. Were they just being slow to respond and a player moves in to the spot by the time they shoot or was it some sort of a game they were playing? It just seemed odd to me. I saw one player take a shot square in the gonads but tons that went off legs and chests. I kept waiting for that top line to get organized but they seemed to be all confused and just skating around. A couple times I swear I saw a spark but then it seemed like they decided that was too much work and shut back down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Holick's time has come and gone. He's a mediocre coach at best. NOT AHL material, the game is to fast and to complicated for the man. AGAIN last night the line were shifted all around, this is disgusting. We are supposed to have an advocate from Anaheim here in Syracuse, what the hell is she reporting to them? that Holick is a good coach? no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiwire

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Almost makes me wonder what Ross could have done this year. I know he never showed a lot of animation on the bench BUT the team seemed to respect him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruncher77

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:51 am

I agree with the idea that Holick is in over his head, but the fact still remains that this team is just flat out not that talented. Scottie Bowman could be coaching this team and you wouldnt see much of a difference. When rookies are your go to guys, i'm sorry- but thats an issue in my book.

If this team added a few proven ahl scorers, and they still continued to get shut out, it would have to be the coach- but looking up and down the roster i'm seeing nothing about this team that leads me to believe they can or will be winners.

Side note: If Mirasty is released the attendance will plumit so fast, you'd think you were at a high school hockey game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No More Excuses   

Back to top Go down

No More Excuses
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1