HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike

lettucehead

Amerks6

tcw8848

warlockmb

TonyC formerlyLEX

Hiwire

hardrock4445

sec13crunch

Kalvinators

Sites Of Interest

Share | 

Enough is ENOUGH!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Enough is ENOUGH!   Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:45 pm

I don't give a shit how nice of a guy Timo is or how J.P is....get a goddamn goalie in here that can stop a beach ball once in a blue moon.

I'm sick of all the talk. Prospects this, rookies that. Anaheim better do something and do it fast. I would love to know what Howard has to say about this.

If Mirasty doesn't play both games this weekend, and kick the dog shit out of anyone who crosses his path, I am done.

Enough of the losing, and enough of the boring games. We aren't going to win, so give the fans a reason to come to the games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:35 pm

Now it's officially embarrassing to be a fan of this team.
Obviously these A-holes have zero pride left.
6-0 to a division rival???? Only in the 2nd period????
I can't read minds but this team looks like they have quit on the whole organazation,
and you know we will read the same sorry ass excuses from these lazy fu*ks.
I can't say i'll stop going to games because I love the sport but this is painful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bohonos19

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:40 pm

I have to agree with you Mike, because at this point, this team sucks. and I've said it before, this team needs a goalie now. It seems to me on paper, this team has talent, but something is terribly wrong. And I think it starts at the goaltending position. There has to be a goalie in Europe or somewhere overseas that would like to come back here that has some talent. I have a feeling this team just has no confidence whatsoever in J.P. or Timo. I hope Anaheim is listening and does something quick before this season is in the crapper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hardrock4445

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:45 pm

really glad I did not make the trek out there tonight. I was ready to go and decided to be nice and go with the girlfriend to her work christmas party/dinner. who would have thought that was the better option of the two..... and the chicken sucked.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiwire

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:14 am

Im no hockey expert but I do know I enjoyed watching last year's team more than this. At least they gave us hope once in a while and the individuals seemed to try. Tonight I saw sloppiness, laziness, and a team that gave up even though they continued to get paid. Ill be there tomorrow night but I sure hope they TRY more than they did tonight or Ill be one of the first booing them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reamc

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:21 am

I was a proponent of wait and see for a while, now its panic button time. I can live with the occasional loss, even the occasional blow out. But give me a break, they get killed nightly. No pride, no guts, and no heart. The goaltending has been bad, but the defense has blown as well. Then there's the forward corp. they somehow manage to overshadow the such-age of the other two units. No power play, no PK, and even Mirasty failed to paste the slug he fought. What the hell is going on. Now no one thought this team would dominate but there is just no effort in the last couple game. A couple of weeks ago I advised not to push the panic button, now i think its safe to press it. Paper bags anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiwire

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:30 am

I can honestly say that if my season tickets werent already paid for and I didnt enjoy the time away from home in the evening, I would not be attending again until they give us something to make it worth the effort of going out in 70 inches of snow. Its depressing to get our hopes up every night thinking this might be the game that turns the corner and then watch them look worse than they did the game before. I would think that the players would get tired of it after a while. Id LOVE to know what is going through Holick's head. Doesnt he have the option to petition Anaheim for better players? if he doesnt then what else can we assume except that its the coaching (or lack of)?? One thing I must say they have going for them is that they throw a hell of a Christmas party!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:34 am

Warning Rant read with caution!

I am not making excuses here but to keep blaming Holick it just is not right. The Ducks have failed by what they have given him to work with and the system to play in. I have watch the ducks this season and they play the exact same way the Crunch do. The system the Ducks tell Holick to play is not a good system. Rely on the goal tender and defense and hope to score on fewer shots. I have no clue what they do up there but it is the exact same but they have more talent so the are around a 500 team. The Crunch just does not have the talent. Plain and simple look at tonight instead of bringing someone in they promote a defenseman to a forward?????? WTF is that and to be on a scoring line give me a break. I think Paetsch is a descent defender but come on a forward and a top line??? JOKE!!!

Your telling me the Ducks are this cheap?? Shit I rather have an ECHL player than a defensmen playing forward. There is nothing behind the guys on this team right now absolutely nothing. Look at Elmira there is no one to call up. The Ducks traded for help but with the worst team in the league the Phantoms. We got a head case and an injured player. Then we trade with Charlotte which seems to be the best trade for Chaput but at best a 3rd liner. We trade with Hartford/ the Whale and get another head case who has no idea what playing defense is and the guy we give away the Ducks played in Elmira but the Whale plays in the AHL and he has 2 goals and an assist in 8 games and is also a + 4. I am sorry but the Ducks have treated us worse than anything of the previous Columbus/Vancouver/Penguins have ever put down here.

I remember last season when the Ducks were signed things were going to be different!!! yeah right they are worse! We got Green and Smith as Vets and were promised to be a contender. We got 2 unknowns in goal with no vet and that has become an issue. The Defense was supposed to be our strength yeah look at that.

Until we get AHL superstars signed we will be bottom feeders like we always have been. No pure scored, no vet goaltenders and average at best players we suck is all that will ever be said about the Crunch. Guess why SU gets the attention they do? the Crunch is at best average but this season we will be the worst team in the league and the fans are tired of it. Every game I go to i see fewer and fewer people and it is a shame. Won't be too long before Howard has to pull out because he is losing money and we have OCC and Oswego hockey and nothing more!

Ducks = epic fail!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruncher77

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:42 am

Oh boy were to start. Havent posted in a while, but given the recent events I figured a Crunch Forum is a good place to put in my two cents.

I'm not going to sit here and say that I knew all along that this team was going to stink and we were going to be bottom feeders, however. When I first looked at this line up at the begining of the season- no real scorers, maybe 2 good defenseman(festerling & dipenta) and a gamble between the pipes to say the least. As a fan I ask the rest of the Crunch faithful, are you really suprised??? What about this team from day 1 to now screams contender? Oh and I forgot to mention a rookie coach!

It would be great to see a guy like Brett Sterling or Darren Haydar or Alexandre Giroux be traded to this team, but it's just not going to happen. This is a classic case of what you see is what you get. I agree 100% about previous posters mentioning that its a joke to put Paetsch (sp) at forward, this guy was a 50 point defeneman in Roch a couple years ago. Crap move as far as I can see it.

The part thats really depressing, not even midseason yet.

PS The paper bag this seems like a good idea!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sinbin

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:33 pm

We have 4 lines , 3 pairs of defensemen and 2 goaltenders on the ice just like the other team does. Why is it our top two lines can't score, our third line cant stop the other teams top line or kill a penalty and the 4th line is not out there hitting people ?

Our defense turns the puck over all the time and they make bad decisions in there own zone.

Our goaltnders ................................. lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlakeBall

PostSubject: Hockey taking a big hit in Syracuse   Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:08 pm

In 1998-1999 the Crunch only won 18 games while a Vancouver farm team. Financially the team took a big hit. This team does appear as it is currently structured with players and coaches to be similiar to that team. Attendance is down, season ticket holders are skipping games. This is impacting the bottom line and hurting the future of hockey in Syracue. We all heard the hipe about Anaheim ability to pick talent. Well based on the product on the ice, I would have to question Anaheim talent finding skills. This team reminds me of what the Toronto Blue Jays did to the Syracuse Chiefs at the end. Lots of development players with no concern about winning. Winning draws fans, losing does not. It is tough enough for the Crunch to compete with SU Football and Baseketball, but Anaheim just made it tougher. And to think the Crunch pays Anaheim an affilation fee to them to have a place to have their players play and this is the product.

Gong to games is gettting tougher and considering two season tickets, parking, concession thats a lot of money to see what Anaheim is putting on the ice here in Syracuse.

I worry that there is not much talent to be had thru trades or free agents to turn this team around but they need a major shake up. I wouldn't be surprise if Howard hasn't put Anaheim on notice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanson 17

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Is it me or is the whole league watered down. The games even the one's we win (few they are) are not as exciting anymore. The talent level in a whole is bad. No one hits anymore not just the Crunch I don't know at this rate that I could say that I would renew my season tickets. Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:51 pm

warlockmb wrote:
Warning Rant read with caution!

I am not making excuses here but to keep blaming Holick it just is not right. The Ducks have failed by what they have given him to work with and the system to play in. I have watch the ducks this season and they play the exact same way the Crunch do. The system the Ducks tell Holick to play is not a good system. Rely on the goal tender and defense and hope to score on fewer shots. I have no clue what they do up there but it is the exact same but they have more talent so the are around a 500 team. The Crunch just does not have the talent. Plain and simple look at tonight instead of bringing someone in they promote a defenseman to a forward?????? WTF is that and to be on a scoring line give me a break. I think Paetsch is a descent defender but come on a forward and a top line??? JOKE!!!

Your telling me the Ducks are this cheap?? Shit I rather have an ECHL player than a defensmen playing forward. There is nothing behind the guys on this team right now absolutely nothing. Look at Elmira there is no one to call up. The Ducks traded for help but with the worst team in the league the Phantoms. We got a head case and an injured player. Then we trade with Charlotte which seems to be the best trade for Chaput but at best a 3rd liner. We trade with Hartford/ the Whale and get another head case who has no idea what playing defense is and the guy we give away the Ducks played in Elmira but the Whale plays in the AHL and he has 2 goals and an assist in 8 games and is also a + 4. I am sorry but the Ducks have treated us worse than anything of the previous Columbus/Vancouver/Penguins have ever put down here.

I remember last season when the Ducks were signed things were going to be different!!! yeah right they are worse! We got Green and Smith as Vets and were promised to be a contender. We got 2 unknowns in goal with no vet and that has become an issue. The Defense was supposed to be our strength yeah look at that.

Until we get AHL superstars signed we will be bottom feeders like we always have been. No pure scored, no vet goaltenders and average at best players we suck is all that will ever be said about the Crunch. Guess why SU gets the attention they do? the Crunch is at best average but this season we will be the worst team in the league and the fans are tired of it. Every game I go to i see fewer and fewer people and it is a shame. Won't be too long before Howard has to pull out because he is losing money and we have OCC and Oswego hockey and nothing more!

Ducks = epic fail!

I gotta disagree about Maroon. I assume he is who you a referring to as "head case". He has worked his ass off since he got here. The past is the past and for that matter no one knows what the past was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Mike you are right I was just really pissed when I wrote that, Maroon has been a decent player but is still not the answer. I just want and hope for more but we never get it here. Its just the same ol same ol in Crunch hockey.

I remember that 18 win season and that was really bad but this just seams worse for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:17 pm

I can't wait for Howard to hold the "state of the Crunch" address (for lack of a better term).
You know he's has to be just as frustrated as us, and he'll always speak to what is on his mind.
It should be interesting if they even have one this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enough is ENOUGH!   

Back to top Go down

Enough is ENOUGH!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum :: Topics :: 2010-2011 Season-
Jump to: