HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike

lettucehead

Amerks6

tcw8848

warlockmb

TonyC formerlyLEX

Hiwire

hardrock4445

sec13crunch

Kalvinators

Sites Of Interest

Share | 

This Team Sucks !!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MoreCowbell

PostSubject: This Team Sucks !!!!   Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:42 pm

I hope the Syvret trade is one of many because this team and coaching staff just plain sucks.

Brittan does not play the entire friggin season but Yates Jr. has him on the ice late in the 3rd period. How about calling a friggin timeout after the Amerks tie the game?? scratch

This team will battle Adirondack for last place with this roster. Just when you thought it could not get any worse the so called prospects Anaheim has in the AHL finds a way to piss away two points.

Yates Jr. should have then at the rink tomorrow morning at 6:00 a.m. for a skate.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
reamc

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:34 pm

It’s early, they are a young team, and Anaheim has shown (thus far) that they are willing to make changes. There should be some more re-enforcements coming from up to so we will see what happens. I also don't see it as a coaching problem; they just have lapses in execution. In the offensive zone they are doing the right thing just not executing. On the defensive end the same thing. I think they just need a little more time to gel, they will be alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlakeBall

PostSubject: Soft   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:36 pm

This team is soft, no intensity. What happened to hard checking, toughness both physical and mental. Forwards need to play defense when the other team has the puck.

How long before this team comes togehter and displays game in an game out the type of effort it takes to win day in and day out?

We have no gifted scorers. Our power play leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe we should decline power plays?

Shoot outs so far are a disaster.

Fans are still pulling for the team and Anaheim appears to be making changes. Right now I wonder how competitive we would be in ECHL?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:01 am

I may catch some heat for this, but here we go.

I am not throwing in the towel just yet. This team has talent. So far, we have seen:

* multiple players have multiple point nights
* good passing, working the puck on the PP
* pretty goals
* a shut out
* rapid bounce back from goals against....multiple times
* last second do or die goals
* quality PKs
* players sticking up for each other and our goalie

This team has what it takes, it's no fluke that we kept up with Hershey, handed WBS it's first loss and strung together a few wins.

Something is missing. Maybe the guys are too young? Maybe the coach is in over his head? Maybe they're stuck in a coaching system that just doesn't work at this level or maybe there is just no plan at all?

I don't know. These guys have shown they have skill and what it takes to win. Anaheim has shown that they will address problems here. Tonight (amerks) was a tough loss, but outside of that gimmie by the ref, they played a decent game.

My case in point on Holick, I doubt he even raised an eyebrow over those three almost simultaneous penalties. And no I don't care if they were all justifiable blatant penalties or not......that was some bullshit by a team of referees who claim they don't like to decide the game in the third period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
reamc

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:23 am

right with you MrBigMike, the team shows flashes and has the players. Always good to remember not to make judgments on a team after a bad loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:16 pm

MrBigMike wrote:

I am not throwing in the towel just yet. This team has talent. So far, we have seen:

* pretty goals
* a shut out
* quality PKs

This team has what it takes, it's no fluke that we kept up with Hershey, handed WBS it's first loss and strung together a few wins.

Something is missing. Maybe the guys are too young? Maybe the coach is in over his head? Maybe they're stuck in a coaching system that just doesn't work at this level or maybe there is just no plan at all?

I don't know. These guys have shown they have skill and what it takes to win. Anaheim has shown that they will address problems here. Tonight (amerks) was a tough loss, but outside of that gimmie by the ref, they played a decent game.

My case in point on Holick, I doubt he even raised an eyebrow over those three almost simultaneous penalties. And no I don't care if they were all justifiable blatant penalties or not......that was some bullshit by a team of referees who claim they don't like to decide the game in the third period.

I agree with you as well Mike. It's just too early too tell. If we are still playing like this come January/February then I would get worried. As far as Holick I cannot see the bench reactions from my new seats. But if it is Holick, he needs to get his ass in gear, especially after the news of the Phantoms coach getting fired. Is it me or does this team always seem to get bias refs?
-Tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm

I think the one thing positive you can say again is Anaheim is doing as much as they can to get different
players to try and make this work. I probably went overboard questioning their toughness and effort. I know they're not purposely trying to lose.
It's frustrating that this team is finding ways to lose instead of finding a way to win.
The only good thing that might come from giving up a 2 goal lead in the 3rd to continue a 5 game losing streak
is that hopefully the players are so pissed off that they make sure they don't give any games away for the rest of the year and this gives them a kick in the ass.

Again we can't say Anaheim isn't making an effort for us.
I think between guys coming back and the trade we should put a really good lineup on the ice.
We will see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reamc

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:04 pm

This weekend we should have our best line up of the year with at least a couple of days to practice together. There should be a strong veteran presence in Green and Carter coming down (if both clear) plus all the hotshot rookies are back in town. They should be able to roll 4 strong lines and back it up with 3 good D-man pairings. With this line up we should be able to give any team at this level a hell of a game. And we will get a chance to see them against two of the better teams in the league in the Bears and the Dogs. I think a lot of questions about this team will be answered this weekend. If not then it might be time to start to worry a bit. Because the lineup this weekend will likely be as good as it gets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:46 pm

MrBigMike wrote:

* pretty goals
* a shut out
* quality PKs

I have not given up yet either but this team has issues that need to be corrected.

First no secondary scoring. If the tiop 2 lines are not scoring then there is nothing we can not win like that. Also I love Mirasty but if he does not go out and at least try to play and score maybe he should not play. Everytime he comes out he just wants to fight.

With the transactions today and the trade yesterday we should have secondary and more scoring now.

Defense has not been the same since we lost Sbisa. They have not been physical and seem to stand around way too much.

I do not blame the goalies at all when there is no support in front yopu can not stop second and thrid chances and also can not stop point blank shots.

I have watched the coaches and they have emotion look at Saturday the bench minor was because they were screeming at the linesman and the ref. I mean screeming as I heard them clear across the arena.

The team is young and once we loose a couple top players we struggle. It looks like that should change with the players that should be here now with the trade and transactions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrBigMike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:47 am

Everyone has a different perspective on the woes of the team. That's perfectly fine and expected.

Having said that, if you are looking for a Mirasty goal to spark a four or five goal comeback or if you expect Mirasty to set up that sweet one-timer pass for the insurance goal, you have have the highest expectations ever.

Any team that has to count on goal contribution from it's enforcer may as well hang up their skates for the season, if not for good.

Please don't mistake this as a Mirasty man crush. I view his role and the game of hockey for what it is. He has a role and he knows it. He also knows he is a liability with the puck and immediately clears it if he gets the puck in the defensive zone.

That said, I don't think Holick uses him to his ability or as much as he claimed he would for that matter. In two home games against Albany, Mirasty did not skate one shift when Robataille was out. Mirasty should get more ice time to be a factor out there.

Yeah all he wants to do is fight because he is only allowed about 5 shifts a game and probably feels he has to in order to keep a job.

Nasty has a job and does it well when he is allowed to. I think we would see an improvement in his actual game play if he is given more of a chance to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syracusecrunch.forumotions.net
tcw8848

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:48 am

Couldn't have said it better myself Mike!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:05 am

No I am not trying to put the blame on Mirasty as I kow he is not going to score many goals in his career. Yes he does the fighting thing well and I as everyone else enjoyes it. I think he needs to get his head in the games more and go to the front of the net to set up screens. Try to line up big hits and make the oposing players pay a price when he is out there.

When is the last time he laid someone out with a big hit? I can not remember one myself. I have seen him try but either miss or fall down himself. Basically I would like to see him play more hockey and if he did then he would see more ice time. I would love to see him on the PP and just stand in front of the net and screen the goalie. Trust me the problems we have been having are not Mirasty's fault I was just pointing out some flaws I saw with this team and thought Mirasty just fighting is one of them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sec13crunch

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:12 am

Time to take a DEEP breath. Since Sunday nights debacle we now have...Maroon, Laliberte, Bonnino, Sexton, Macmillan, and if they clear waivers Green and Carter. And, remember folks we are only 6-8 and just 5 pts out of fourth with games in hand. We will be fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Team Sucks !!!!   

Back to top Go down

This Team Sucks !!!!
Page 1 of 1